Opua School is a Year 1 to 8 Full Primary school of approximately 110 wonderful children and an exciting opportunity has arisen to teach at our unique school in the beautiful Bay of Islands. Our wonderful Room. 5 teacher is retiring and we need someone positive, practical and inspiring to replace her.
We are looking for an experienced and dynamic educator who is forward-looking, innovative, reflective, and passionate. The position is for our Room 5, containing mostly Year 7 and 8 children. An ability to teach Reo would be an advantage as would skills in DT, Music, and Science.
The ideal candidate must have Full NZ Teacher Registration and:
- Love children, get a buzz out of helping them thrive and be able to build strong learning partnerships with children and their whanau;
- Be caring and sharing – it is our motto and we all live by it – and be culturally responsive;
- Understand children and the practical, creative art of teaching above educational jargon and theory;
- Have a sense of humour and fun and the desire to support children’s well-being and love of learning;
- Be resourceful, resilient, self-motivated and empowering;
- Have high expectations and be enthusiastic with strong curriculum knowledge;
- Be a genuine team player, collaborative, collegial and inclusive of and sensitive to others;
- Be proficient in Digital Technology and able to extend, challenge and excite children with lessons that integrate STEAM thinking and problem-solving activities;
- Be flexible, adaptable, open to new learning and possess a growth mindset;
- Be committed to confidentiality and ethical conduct.
The successful applicant will join an experienced, professional, united and happy team in a well-resourced and successful school with a positive culture where children are nurtured and encouraged to be the best they can be. We also have a school house as an option for the successful candidate.