Kia ora koutou
Our exciting Term 3 is fast approaching and it promises to be another really busy, very interesting and creative ten weeks starting at 9am on Monday, 22nd July. We have:
- Mrs Wilson joining us in Room 3 and we are thrilled to have her dynamism, inspiration and joyful character on our team and benefitting the children in Room 3 and across our school;
- Clubs activities returning on Wednesdays from 2 – 3pm for 9 weeks. This is when we ‘collapse the curriculum’ and invite parents with skills to join our teachers and take a small group of children for an learning activity that is outside of the usual curriculum;
- Digital Technology curriculum swaps occurring on Thursday afternoons from 2 – 3pm for 10 weeks. Our teachers will be switching places to ensure exciting digital technology activities happen for children in all our rooms;
- Our Years 7 and 8 will be attending Technology classes in hard materials and home economics on Mondays for the next 20 school weeks;
- Expert kapa haka tuition continuing with Horrace Maunsell on Tuesdays – 30 minutes with our Rooms 1 and 2 and an hour with our Rooms 3, 4 and 5;
- Continuing Te Reo professional learning and development for our teachers as well as our children through our liaison with Auckland University;
- Visits from companies such as the New Zealand Playhouse Theatre and inter-school competitions such as the Waikare Cross Country event;
- …and so much more left unsaid!
We are very excited about the term ahead and so proud of our safe, creative and beautiful school. If you also wish to enrol your child at our school, we do have some places. Feel free to contact the principal via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or just turn up on Monday, 22 July, to enrol your child and be part of the future-focussed, rich learning environment that is Opua School.
Nga mihi nui