Back to Alert Level 2 – AGAIN!
Kia ora koutou
Well, here we are again! As you are likely to have heard this Saturday evening, 27th February, our P.M. has announced that we are returning to Alert Level 2 again possibly for the whole of this coming school week [but hopefully not beyond that!]. We will return to our advice and protocols developed last year and when we were last at Alert Level 2. As a reminder for everyone, our protocols are as follows:
At Alert Level 2, the most important points to make are:
A. All children are expected to attend school. We will, under MoE and MoH guidelines, manage a safe teaching and learning environment;
B. Any child exhibiting any cold or flu-like symptoms should stay home until they are well. If children present with even mild cold or flu-like symptoms, we will isolate them in the First Aid room and ring home for them to be collected;
C. All parents can still come onto the school site for purposes of dropping off and picking children up but everyone must sign in using either the posted Covid-19 government Tracer App. with their smartphones or by going via the Main Office and filling in the log sheets provided if they don’t have a Smartphone or the government App. on their phones;
Other points to note:
1. Whilst we have said ‘C’ above, it is wise if all parents and caregivers could limit their time on site and not spend too much time on site while the children simply play or they “catch up” with teachers and other parents.
2. There will be no assemblies or Friday Sharing Assemblies while we are at Alert Level 2 – this, specifically, means that we won’t have the Principal’s Monday morning assembly and we won’t have Friday’s Sharing Assembly. We are reviewing whether we can continue with kapa haka on Tuesday or not;
3. Children are expected to hand sanitise on entry to and exit from classrooms;
4. Our Caretaker will return to the sanitising of high impact areas [such as door handles] after each break;
5. We have very challenging decisions to make about 3 events this week: Tuesday’s Yr 7 / 8 League Tag tournament off-site. We are waiting to hear from the tournament organisers about whether they are postponing this or not. We will let everyone know as soon as we have been told. Wednesday’s Rm 5 Sailing Experience. Again, we will wait to hear from the organisers of this before we make a decision and let whanau know if it is going ahead or not. Finally, our own Opua School Swimming Sports event on Thursday. We will discuss this as a team and inform everyone by Monday afternoon at the very latest.
Please also feel free to read our updated Covid-19 Safety Plan which you will find under our BoT tab at the top of our website. You will need to click on ‘Important Documents’ and scroll down.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to telephone me at school. Stay safe.